About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Does This Appeal to You?

"You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life." -Les Brown

I don't know much about this Les Brown person, but I know he's a motivational speaker and best selling author, so I guess he knows something of what he's talking about.

I read this quote on this website - the quotes change daily, and I don't always pay a lot of attention to them, but this one just jumped out and nipped me. I think that is because I did something yesterday that may finally lead to meeting some of my urgent goals, that I've just been floating past for years now.

A job, a paid job, is very important in our society. If you can't give a good answer to the question "What do you do?", then you're often deemed to be nobody. Up until now I've given answers that don't usually make people think more of me. And up until now, I haven't been pulling my weight on the family finance situation.

But yesterday, I had an interview with a person from an employment agency, and together we decided I will train to be a trainer and assessor at TAFE. I finally think I know the answer to the question of what I want to do when I grow up.

Of course, I'm a forty-five year old wife and mother, so I guess I am finally grown up, but still...

Anyway, this is what I'm going to do, and this morning my son congratulated me for making the decision. He's fifteen, he already knows what he's going to do when he grows up. When I was his age I wanted to do 'something with animals'. Well, I'm a dog breeder and owner, but that's not enough to be a career and the wages aren't great!

I love helping people, I'm not afraid to speak in public, I love giving my own opinion. I'm going to be a trainer, and it feels good!

No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets