About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Counting My Blessings

I am having a good day today. My aim is to be able to say that same thing each and every day. Of course, it can be difficult some days to be able to declare it a good day, but that is still my aim, every day.

Today the weather is kind to me - not too hot or too cold, and not raining. It's a cloudy day, but I like cloudy days, so that is not a bad thing. There is a good breeze, so that the washing that's hanging on the clothesline will dry nicely before the day becomes cool.

I helped to hang the washing out without too many problems - some days just hanging the clothes out isn't possible for me. That is one of the problems with having MS, you can never be sure how much you'll be able to do on any given day. Cooler days are better days for most MSers.

The warmer weather we've had so far this summer (I live in South Australia) has been a challenge to my moblility. This is my first summer since my first exacerbation (collapse from MS), so I'm learning the sad truth about what it means to my body when I get too hot.

The sad truth is that being hot brings back the symptoms of my fist collapse - muscle weakness on my right hand side and fatigue if I do too much. Sometimes just standing up is doing too much.

I'm one of the lucky people with MS though - I have weakness, but I have no physical pain at all. I am irritated at my body refusing to do things for me, but that is much better than having pain. I am grateful, so grateful for that!

2 comments:

dirman said...

As to those do good works, surely theirs shall be a never-ending reward.

O God, reward me for my affliction and give me something better in exchange for it and to my friend Carolyn Cordon

Carolyn Cordon said...

Thank you Dirman. I am rewarded in so many ways for each good thing I do. My aim is to live my life in the best way possible - best for me personally, and best for everyone I come in contact with.
My life is different to what I was expecting, but my life is still good.

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets