About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeling OK with MS

Well, in my part of South Australia we've finally shaken summer off, at least for a week or so by the look of it. A couple of days ago with had over 47mm of rain in our gauge and a mini lake where our front driveway goes. That water has dried up now, but it's still cool and lovely outside not too hot!

I used to complain about cool and cold weather, but since MS hit me bad a year ago, I've learned to love it being colder. Summer is really bad for me, and for most people who have multiple sclerosis.

Now that the weather is cooler, I feel a little more able to walk around more. If I get too warm though, that's it, time to sit and rest again. Today I did a load of washing and happily started hanging it all out on the line when it was finished. I got most of the washing hung up, then the sunshine started and my fumbles got worse.

I dropped one peg for every five that I took from the peg basket and I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to complete my task. I gave myself a kind but still stern talking to and eventually the job was done. Now the washing is flapping around, waving at me to let me know it's nearly dry. I'm not sure whether I'm going to bring it in, or whether I'll ask Jake to do it.

I think I'll just leave it another hour and decide then. One of the most important things I've learned since I got MS is to listen to what my body says, and to take care of myself. So that's what I'm doing. My body knows best what I can and can't do at any time.

1 comment:

Carolyn Cordon said...

Well, I did get the washing in myself, I didn't ball up the socks though because that may have taken too long. It was Jake's suggestion to leave them loose and it was a good idea. Now though, those socks are still loose and I'll have to fix them sometime soon. They're in the laundry basket still, when they should be tucked away in their drawers!

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets