About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shut up and listen

Sometimes we all may need to shoosh up a bit, and properly listen to others. I, and I'm sure many other people, assume I know what that person sitting near me is going to say next. But that isn't always so. If we never listen properly, we'll never find out whether or not this is true.

If you ask them most people will probably say they listen when others talk. But do they really listen? Do they listen properly?


You can't listen properly with your mouth open!


So many people only listen long enough to catch their breathe before speaking again. These people are not listening properly. Waiting until you can say your next thing isn't listening. To listen properly entails giving your full attention to the person speaking.


To listen properly, giving someone else the respect of paying attention to what they're saying is a gift, sadly a rare gift. The next time someone you know speaks to you, try listening to them properly listening to them. They, and you, may be surprised at what you hear.


Do you listen properly?

No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets