About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Poetry and Life

I've been thinking a lot about life and ways to live a good life recently. I feel these thoughts have been brought on by my need to stay in a positive mood as much as I possibly can.

I've had some things happen in my life, some good things and some bad things. Everyone could probably say the same thing. At some stage I seem to have made an unconscious decision to look to the good things in life and not get all caught up in the bad things.

One of the tools I've used to do this is creative writing. I've been consistently writing short stories, longer stories and poetry for more than half of my life now. My writing has brought me joy and has brought joy to other people too.

Bringing happiness to people is a major need in my life - I'm a people focused person. If I can give someone else a smile, it makes me happy as well as making the other person happy.

I recently wrote a poem, which I posted to a website Triond. I have much writing on that site, about all kinds of things. My writing on Triond brings some money, but not very much. The most important thing it brings me is connection with other people. Feel free to having a look at my Triond profile and have a read of some of my writing. If anything interests you, please leave a comment, I'd love to read what you think. It's all about connections, good connections.

The particular poem is about resilience. I recently read a book all about resilience and it struck a chord with me. I realised that I'm a resilient person - things happen to me but I always bounce back. I hope with my writing I can help others to find resilience.


No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets