About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Keeping Going so I can Keep On Going!

Well, I've gone quite a few days without falling, so I'm happy about that. I've been to see my doctor about a test result and to let her look at my foot rash. The test result was good, and dr and I both agreed the rash looks like it's getting better.

At least with both agreed it didn't look as bad as it did the last time she saw it. Dr hasn't made any guesses about what has caused the rash, apart from saying it might be fungal, so I've been rubbing Klonea into my right foot twice a day. The itching is getting a bit better, so that could well be the answer.

When I saw her on Friday, she took some scrapings from my foot to send off the check whether that is indeed what the rash is all about. There has been nothing said about why I may have got this rash. I've had itchy feet before, but I've certainly never had a rash like I've had on my foot for the past month.

It doesn't really matter I guess, it's just another weird thing my body has done to me. I certainly haven't read about foot rashes and multiple sclerosis. I suppose not everything that occurs to me is necessarily related to MS. It's just that MS is at the forefront of my mind so often.

Over a year ago, I could go for a walk, have a lovely warm bath and never have to worry about becoming incapacitated. Well, that may not actually be quite true. In the several year lead up to my MS diagnosis, I did have a few nasty falls. I simply put it down to one of those things and never considered there may have been an actual reason for the falls beyond clumsiness.

Now, I realise the falls may have been a sign that all was not well in my body. Now, I tend to look at everything that happens to me as a sign. I'm not sure which is worse - my former cluelessness, or my current over-attentiveness. I wish I could forget about MS and just go back to how things used to be.

No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets