About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Time for a Health Update

In my last post here I mentioned my doctor taking foot scrapings to send off to be tested. Yesterday I saw a doctor to find out the results. It wasn't my usual doctor because she wasn't available, it was the other doctor who works there.

This doctor is funny, and seems to do a good job too. We chatted about my writing, and various things, then he asked to have a look at my right foot. I took off my shoe and sock and showed him my foot. He had a good look, said it looked OK and told me to keep up with the treatment I was doing.

This is Klonea ointment rubbed in, once in the morning and again at night. He added another point - I was to not go to bed straight away after the night treatment, but to leave my sock off for at least half an hour before bed. This, I think, is to makes sure my foot has the ointment rubbed in and then gets dry before my sock goes on. Dryness helps a lot if you have fungal issues.

I asked about the test results from the skin scrapings, expecting that it showed that I did in fact have a fungal problem. That wasn't the case though. The test was negative for fungal things when looked at with a microscope. He continued on to say the scrapings were put aside to grow a culture to see what came up. There may be a result from that within a fortnight. I'm to check back again then.

This is a kind of creepy thing, when you think about it. Someone I don't know has taken a part of me to try to create a living organism. I'm thinking science fiction and mad scientists here! Spooky!

Have you ever thought about these things? Ever had a doctor doing things to you or with bits of you that seems weird? I like my doctors, but still, it got me thinking!

I'd love to hear what you think about it all!

No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets