About Me

My photo
Redbanks, South Australia, Australia
Contact me if you'd like to know more about this writing group. My email address is jeebers@aussiebb.com.au

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds

Ananka - one of our Pharaoh Hounds
Ananka knows how to enjoy life - catch and eat birdies!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Creative thinking

Having a creative mindset can lead you to amazing paths to travel. If you are stuck in a rut, it's time to get out and get creative.

How? you ask? Well, if your life has lost it's zing, it may be the time to have a re-think about your thing. We all have our own thing that we do. I write, that's how I find my creativity taking off.

Others have their own thing. Sometimes when my writing isn't working for me I might try a little crochet, and I find the mindless repetition of it sets my mind going in creative directions again. I've talked about crochet and creativity elsewhere, and others have found my thoughts on that interesting.

Sometimes just changing simple things can lead the mind somewhere else. If you always go to work by car, why not give public transport. Or if you always visit the shops at lunchtime, why not try a museum for a change.

Getting out of ruts can be that simple, and the rewards can be immense. If you find an interesting thought, why not follow it for as long as you can. It might lead you to a dead end, but it might lead you to a wonderful new thing!

You might find the way challenging, but so often, challenges can help you to grow in fantastic new ways.

Be prepared to try things, be prepared to change your mind, be prepared to go where your creativity tells you to go.

No comments:

Waiting for night to come

Waiting for night to come
I love sunsets